Saturday, May 17, 2008

Electric Boobs...

That’s what we (my best friend in grade school and me) thought Elton John was singing in the song Benny and the Jets. The girls and I watched 27 Dresses for some Q-time (#75) and there was a cute scene that reminded me of her. Emailed her (#78) this link and we took a fun trip down memory lane. Here are the real lyrics. Never would have guessed most of those words… Did you know ‘em?

#1 Been keeping up with practice with the exception of last Thursday… very disappointed to have missed a day already… figured if something came up like an illness there were always restorative poses to keep this goal manageable… but trying to chalk the whole thing up to a learning experience. Finding each Thursday to be the hardest day to get it in for some reason... just going to try and be a little more mindful.

#30 Still kicking around the idea of consulting with Shannon and met with Pam (#31) on Thursday… also tried to do some research on my own and found some articles online: Making a fitness video, selling books/CDs/DVDs on amazon. It’s a start. ;)
Pam is wonderful! She treated me to a nice lunch at Sweet Tomatoes and presented her ideas for making a Yoga video. She seems to have every confidence in me and is willing to put herself out on a limb quite a bit as far as production costs. There is a severe case of monkey mind going on here… swinging back and forth between excitedly planning this project out and thoughts of self-doubt. :S With nearly seventeen hundred Yoga titles available on Amazon and the realization that this video will not likely be the next Tae Bo… I better be certain that I know why I’m doing this.

Made friends via email with Abby Lentz who has a Yoga studio in TX and was quoted in a recent online article. We have been corresponding about Yoga for heavier people (her expertise) and coincidentally she is working on her second video! Her first video is: HeavyWeight Yoga: Yoga for the Body You Have Today!

#33 (Adding an aqua class) might be more important than I originally thought, it’s just so tiring to even think of adding another format to my repituar (and I still don’t know how to spell repituar #34). Received an advertisement in the mail for Five Seasons Sports Club… they have a pool and offer aqua classes. Surfed their site and may submit a resume… not really sure it’s so near me, it shows up on google as only 5 miles at 11 minutes… doubting that is accurate… maybe if there is no traffic at all and no trains. Maybe I’ll drive out and clock it. Anyway, it looks nice and the pay scale might be good. Plus many resorts want an aqua class if I’m going to make #38 and #40 happen. One of my apprehensions is also that my voice is so soft… there is no microphone, not sure even with polishing up the non-verbal cues (#39… been trying) I can pull it off. Diana said her voice carried well in the pool area though… she was concerned too but it echoes in there. Saw her for her fair-well dinner party (#35… well, close enough).

2 comments:

ragity ann said...

That is awesome that you are looking at doing a yoga video. Keep me posted on your progress!! :)

crs said...

LOL I remember the first time I heard "Bennie and the Jets" I thought the lyrics said 'electric boobs' as well...but then i assumed he said 'boots'. But I never understood the rest of the lyrics in the song :P