Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I'M BACK

For your listening/viewing pleasure as we catch up...

#65 DONE! June 14 was our garage sale… it was father’s day weekend. A really stupid time for our town’s annual garage sale! We should be spoiling our Dads/Hubbies not putting ‘em to work… but I don’t get to pick the date and hubby helped even though he hates that kind-of stuff and had other things to do. I happened to be off for floor refinishing at work and the timing was right. The weather was bad so we could only make one day of it… oh well. 65 bucks is better than nothing. Took the clothes that didn’t go to Plato’s closet… they picked through it and gave us 42 bucks for what they wanted. Another $21 from Once Upon A Child. We did a good job (this time) of really getting rid of (most of) the stuff that didn’t sell! Dropped off EIGHT bags of clothes, shoes (#92) and bedding to Good Will another THREE bags to Gingham Tree along with 2 boxes of assorted decorative type items. Some stuff hit the curb. Spent the money on hubby. ;)
#81 Can you believe I still don’t have direct deposit? After over two months! They’ve been paying me on this stupid pay card and just leave me hanging as to what the problem could possibly be. UGH! I’d been forbidden to call pay roll… the only info available was a fax number. DON’T THESE PEOPLE KNOW I’M ON A 101 MISSION HERE? ROFL! Anyway finally after all this time they gave me a number and direct deposit didn’t go through because of the temporary check affixed. Requesting a letter from the bank. :S
#88 Stumbled upon a place (right at work… went in for a $15 massage) that takes my insurance and has the orthotics I so desperately need! Do you think if you put it out there… you know? State your intentions like we are doing… that the universe guides you to what you need? Maybe we shouldn’t be trying so hard? Just put it out there and let it come. They are on order. :D
#90 Set "The Lovely Bones" free on a stationary bike… someone saw me and took it. She came to class (it was Rebounding Interval Training =intense) made it about half way through and said "Thanks for the book!" as she left… no journal entry though. :S
#98 DONE! July 1st cleaned up all the garbage I could see at the highway exit ramp near work! Two hours and TWO bags full (one of garbage and one recycling)! People hollered out "God bless you" and "Thank you" as they drove bye. Cool! Plus, I found a buck. :P Took my dollar reward and bought a HUGE Arizona tea and chugged it on the way home… so thirsty out in the hot sun.
#99 Been trying to go paperless for paychecks and bank statements… not quite there yet. Picked up these cute beach bags from the dollar store in hopes to use them as shopping bags. They are made of tough cloth that is sort of waterproof, but just a little too small for groceries. Oh well, my youngest kept one and I’m still using the others until I make/buy something better.
For the other stuff on the big list… just gonna do what I can. Trying still to hit that daily practice… but noticed others take "moon days"… whatever that is besides a day off I don’t know yet. As far as attending other classes weekly since there is no way I’m going to attempt that anymore… maybe once a month will suffice… with the option of doing a video at home. We haven’t hit "Date night" very hard lately and it’s still hard to make time with my oldest since she wants to sleep all day, be up all night and hang out with her friends/bf… understandable. ;)

4 comments:

Cassandra said...

Hi Kim, welcome back :-)

It seems you've done a lot... great. And don't sweat all that you can't do, I guess our lists are just there to give us ideas, not to torture & pressure us.

Hope things are good otherwise.
Best wishes
Cassandra

Latharia said...

You're doing great! You know I love ya, hon! :D

Hanssie said...

Dang, you've done a lot. I need to keep going! Oh and in regards to the comment you posted:
Nope I had the wrong link. The photos are there now if you click on it again :)

Bethany said...

It is SO good to see you back! Looks like you've been doing super well on the list. I'm impressed with the trash clean-up.